Who we are
Your privacy is respected and very important to Lisa Olcese. In fact, privacy is right up there with free speech, choice and voting when talking about basic human rights.
You have found us through our website address is: http://lisaolcese.com.
By using the site, you accept the practices described here:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information is always made readily available.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to this website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This website may contain links to other websites not owned by the owner of this website. We will not, and cannot, control how your personal information is used on these other websites. Consult the privacy policies of the linked websites to see how they use your information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
This following 3 paragraphs are currently not applicable (Spring 2018) but may become true one day:
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Event Registration Data
We collect information about you during event registration. This information may include but is not limited to:
- Your names
- Billing address
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Location and traffic data (including partial IP address and browser type)
- Any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your registration or ticket purchase
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/purchase/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support, and to verify your identity.
Event Registration Cookies
When you begin registering for an event and select a ticket quantity, a cookie will be used to track your registration. This cookie lasts 1 hour.
Email History Data
We keep a record of the emails sent to you. This is to ensure communication is successfully sent and its information is accurate.
Event Check-In Record
When you attend an event, an event manager may record the time you check in or out of the event.
Event Registration Data Retention
Personal data is stored at least until the date of the event and may be kept indefinitely in case of future registrations.
Event Registration Data Erasure and Export
You have the right to request your personal data be sent to you electronically, and the right to request your registration data be erased after the event. To do so, please contact the event manager or site administrator.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information